i'm on the bandwagon

rachel becomes technologically literate.... well, i guess we'll see how this turns out before making any gradiose statements like that....

Monday, July 11, 2005

Parlez-vous francais?....Neither do I....

And that is what is making this Conversational French course that I signed up for all the more interesting.

The instructor speaks maybe five words of English during a three-hour span of time.... the rest of the time, we are "immersed in Francais", as they like to say. Apparently, this is the best way to learn to speak the language.... so they say.

I'm not really sure who "they" are, but "they" seem to be a bunch of know-it-alls, whom, I'm convinced, never took a two-week condensed Conversational French course before.

Wish me the best of luck.... it's only been one day.

I'll keep ya updated on the progression of my French language proficiency over the next two weeks....

Au revoir!

P.S. If anyone happens to know who the elusive "they" are, I'd love to know, so I could write them a very sternly-worded letter....

3 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger Blake said...

I did took French I and II when I returned from living in Paris for 10 months (bicycle tour guide). I felt I needed to stay conversational, and it was the same deal--three hours of immersion and the prof didn't speak any English.

Good for you!

Blake

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger NM said...

Hi, even i did a french speaking course for abrief while... was thinking of joining the Paris Film Institute... but gave up on it... the film school that is... Iam a21 yr old filmmaker/screenwriterbased in India. check out my blog... and you are very cute. Interested in acting;)?

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Nikhil,
Thanks for the compliment, but acting is a pretty big jump from my area of expertise! Besides, when you mention acting and follow it up with a "wink" symbol, I have to say hmmmm..... :)
-Rachel-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home