i'm on the bandwagon

rachel becomes technologically literate.... well, i guess we'll see how this turns out before making any gradiose statements like that....

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Bonne Fete a Moi!

Oui, c'est mon anniversaire, aujourd'hui!
Translation: Yes, it is my birthday, today!

My Birthday Thus Far....

1) Woke up at approximately 6:30 am to go to my 3-hour Conversational French course. Worked then had to do my French homework last night, so I was running on fumes....

2) Went to a Chinese buffet with a girlfriend.... great food, but, as per the "Rules of Chinese Food", I was hungry again by the time I got home.... ah, well.

3) Blah, Blah, Blah, Blogged for a few minutes....

4) Treated myself to an afternoon nap.... an all-too-rare indulgence, these days.

.... To be continued....

5) Attended a family barbeque. It's quite amusing to see my grandma downing the alcohol.... she's built up quite the tolerance....

6) Secretly wished that my parents hired a maid to clean up my room.... got a headboard for my bed, instead. Ah, well. I needed that, too.

7) Ate chocolate cake AND chocolate ice cream.... quite the delectable combination!

8) Found out that Salt Water Taffy does not, in fact, taste salty.

9) Attempted to be pleasant in a non-air conditioned house, in 32 degree celsius weather (89.6 fahrenheit). Then, got devoured by mosquitos when I tried to beat the heat by going outside to bask in the faint warm breeze. There's really no winning in such a situation.

10) Resigned myself to tackling my French homework in the quasi-coolness of my basement, then heading to bed. No wild birthday celebrations for me.... early morning French course pour moi!

9 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger Blake said...

Happy birthday!

Blake

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks Blake! You're a pal!
-Rach-

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Nah, it was a good birthday, actually.... very homey and comfy.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Johnny Menace said...

that sucks your friends & parents don't believe in presents.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

Oh no, they definitely believe in presents! I just didn't feel it was proper to tout my gifts online!
-Rach-

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Abreu, Jorge said...

Happy bday... Good to know that I'm not the only one downing all the alcohol at barbecues...

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger aishah said...

happy birthday to you... ;)

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Humor Girl said...

Sounds good to me! :) Here via midwest hick :)

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Prax said...

Happy birthday. But that's no reason that you can drink today (if you do call me!!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home