i'm on the bandwagon

rachel becomes technologically literate.... well, i guess we'll see how this turns out before making any gradiose statements like that....

Friday, July 15, 2005

Retail can sure bring in the oddest of the odd, sometimes...

Here are descriptions of some of the more interesting individuals that I have had the "pleasure" (and I use the term loosely) of encountering at my workplace over the last little while.

1) This guy came in today and he was wearing his t-shirt draped over his head.... he was practically peeking out through the arm hole.... I thought he was going to rob us.... turned out he was just a weirdo (maybe a weirdo with a t-shirt underarm fetish).... big surprise there.

2) Some guy walked in when we were closing up and told me that I didn't know how to sweep the floor.... I asked him if he wanted to do it for me.... he shut up.

3) Two little wannabe thugs came in today. Their pants were almost falling off, their shirts reached their knees, and they had their hats on backwards with the tags still dangling off.... then they asked how likely it would be for them to get hired (at a men's store which sells business suits, among other things).... I'd give 'em an E for effort.

4) Guys who ask IF we have changerooms, rather than WHERE the changerooms are.... I tell them no and that we insist that our male clientele try on their potential purchases in the middle of the sales floor.... too many seem to accept such a response and begin to unbutton.

5) People that feel the need to unfold every t-shirt in order to compare a medium to a medium.... apparently, they need to see which is the "small medium" and which is the "large medium".

.... To be continued.... Because there are many more oddballs that deserve recognition!

4 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger immixmarketer said...

I've totally done the "do you have a change room?"
So I feel stupid now, but thanks for ending it here, right now, today.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Revee said...

People are so weird. I can't wait to hear more...

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks yer daddy,
You're fantastic at explaining easy-to-understand puns. :)
-Rach-

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Racheal said...

And I, too, have done the "do you have a change room?" thing. Great...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home