i'm on the bandwagon

rachel becomes technologically literate.... well, i guess we'll see how this turns out before making any gradiose statements like that....

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Cars and Lightbulbs.... Huh?

Has it really been 3 weeks since my last post.... wow, how time flies.

Anyways, after approximately 3 arduous and frustrating, yet exciting weeks, I have finally made my biggest purchse, thus far in all my years. I am now the proud owner of a golden Honda CR-V. They took an arm (and may approach me for a leg) as downpayment, but it was worth it (I say now, before the bank account begins to dwindle). Good vehicle.... not too many bells and whistles.... but, I kind of like the reliable simplicity of it. And the mini picnic table that is folded into the floor of the trunk area is pretty cool, if I may say so myself.

I may just move into it and become an aimless wanderer of the world.

More about the vehicle and the ordeal surrounding it, later.

On another note....

I had a lamp (without a lampshade, I admit) sitting on my floor and had just replaced the lightbulb with some high-tech bulb with three levels of light, which is supposed to last 1 year. So, I happened to brush against this lightbulb (literally for a split second) and guess what happened.... there was this odd aroma, and after a second, I felt this pain.... In a nanosecond (not sure of the definition of that word, but it sounds fast), this bulb had managed to melt a hole right through the leg of the pants I was wearing (one of my favourite pairs, by the way), and slightly burn my leg (there's no visible burn, but I sure felt it)! And there's this weird scorched mark on the inside of the lightbulb, too.... this can't be normal. Can you imagine if it had a lampshade on it? It'd probably have sent my room up in flames. I wonder if I should write a sternly-worded letter to the light bulb people, whoever they are.... hah, they'd probably just send me a coupon for more lightbulbs!

2 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger FU said...

u sure that bulb was for domestic use??? sounds like the bulbs i had to replace at Guess? those pot lots that take a few minutes to actually turn on completely...

glad ur back!!! i thot u gave up blogging.. :)

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Jon said...

Rachel, you should post more. I like what you have so far, and you sound like you have some interesting times. More more more

I came here through FU

 

Post a Comment

<< Home