i'm on the bandwagon

rachel becomes technologically literate.... well, i guess we'll see how this turns out before making any gradiose statements like that....

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

School Marm, Saloon Dancer, or Civil War Amputee?

So, I went to my first Open Call for movie extras the other day! Quite the interesting experience.... The call was from 10 am to 9 pm. I got there with a friend at 7pm.... hehe, late as always.... Good thing I didn't go at 9am, though.... apparently the line wrapped aroung the building! Me and T waited in line for about 30-45 minutes before getting into the application/photo/wardrobe fitting. Russ got there even later and got through even faster than we did.... grrrr! The entire process took about 1 1/2 hours.... not too shabby..... waiting for wardrobe measurements took the longest.

Wardrobe measurements, you ask? Oh, I forgot to mention.... the casting call was for an old western movie.... how much fun would that be?! Maybe I'll be a school marm.... or a saloon dancer.... or a civil war amputee (hehe)! I'd really test my (non-existant) acting talent with that last role!

Close to 3 thousand people went out for the 1-day only Casting Call.... even more mailed their applications (I should have thought of that!).... They begin their selection process in early September.... so I would assume that T, Russ and I will only find out if we made the cut in late September.... I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Oh.... only after going out for the Casting Call, was I informed by Russ that the one and only Brad Pitt was starring in this movie.... oh boy.... now I've got my toes crossed too! And now I know why there was an inexplicable number of teenage girls at the Casting Call....

1 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger FU said...

farkk...ur music scares me EVERYTIME!!!!

yaay..extra work is fun.. for the first bit..then it gets boring..so enjoy it! i finally understand linking.. u'll be on my list!

woohoo!
fu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home