i'm on the bandwagon

rachel becomes technologically literate.... well, i guess we'll see how this turns out before making any gradiose statements like that....

Thursday, August 04, 2005

A Little Ditty


So, this is a little ditty that, miraculously, I managed to recall after so many years. Here's the (short) history behind this poem.... a few years ago, I chose a stall in a women's restroom (I don't love public washrooms, but when need be....) and I was delighted to find some reading material scrawled on the wall of the stall, to keep my mind occupied for a few moments....
Here it goes....

If you sprinkle
When you tinkle,
Be a sweetie,
Wipe the seatie.
By: Anonymous Bathroom-Goer

Not too shabby for restroom scrawl.
Anyways, I was reminded of this piece of text when I recently attempted to find a semi-sanitary stall in a public washroom.... for Pete's sake, why do so many women seem to have such bad aim?! It shouldn't be so hard, really.... it's all about positioning. Ah well, hopefully more people will heed the message burried so deep within this astoundingly complex ditty.

6 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Blogger John Bryson said...

Usually when I go I just see writing to the effect of "F me in the A while I S your D."
But I guess you got lucky. :O

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Kate H said...

The popular one around here is a wall scattered with Boo <3's JoJo... and then someone writes "if you love your man, don't write his name where you pee" or something.

Like your blog!

Kate

kateirene.blogspot.com

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Nice Blog!! I have heard that saying before. I think many women haven't mastered the hover technique yet. :)

We had a sign at our pool that said "Welcome to our ool, notice there is no P in it. We would like to keep it that way" and then there was "Please don't pee in our pool, we don't swim in your toilet"

It isn't easy here to find a clean public bathroom either. I just don't understand why women can be so nasty. You would think that they would have a little more respect for those having to clean up after them.

Guess I am glad that I don't have to clean the bathrooms.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Hey Rachel -

I have a bit of a poll going. I am looking for opinions on what Halloween costume to get my son. Stop by and let me know your vote.

If anyone else would like to come by and let me know their pick it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger FU said...

i always thought it was: "if you tinkle on the seatie, be a sweetie wipe the seatie." but i like your version better. mine says seatie twice. i like your profile pic. is that a pool noodle in the background? hot.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Racheal said...

That's so funny.

I went to a horse ranch once for one of those Happy Family Gatherings (you know, the ones that end where everyone is in tears) and I saw that little ditty in front of me in a microscopic bathroom. I laughed for a long time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home