i'm on the bandwagon

rachel becomes technologically literate.... well, i guess we'll see how this turns out before making any gradiose statements like that....

Monday, August 15, 2005

Cleanin' Out My Closet

I decided to do a complete overhaul on my bedroom. One not-so-insignificant aspect of this overhaul was the daunting duty of cleaning out my closet. I remembered having some old games and puzzles in there, that I wanted to store somewhere, to use when I get my own classroom, one of these days.

But, to my amazement and amusement, I sure had more than a couple of old games in there. Thought I'd share with you some of my more interesting closet-cleaning collectibles. Please be aware that none of the following has been fabricated or even the slightest bit embellished.... I really did dig up this stuff from the bowels of my closet....

1) Hungry Hungry Hippos
2) Rockin' Robins
3) Jazzy Jewelery
4) Body Rap.... does anyone remember this?! I'd be amazed....
5) Various Barbie paraphernalia (the Corvette and the Camper!)
6) Snakes and Ladders
7) Troll Dolls
8) An X-Ray a doctor took of my troll doll (you can see his bum from both sides!)
9) TiddlyWinks
10) Popples
11) Operation!
12) Battleship (the original.... not the snazzy electronic one they have now!)
13) LiteBrite (complete with all of the picture outline-stencily things)
14) Pogo Ball
15) Rollerskates and a Hula Hoop (not to be used simultaneously, so I was told....)

There was more, but I realize I'm sounding increasingly more like a pathalogical packrat, so I'll stop at 15.... haven't even touched on the clothing, though!

7 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger FU said...

rach! ur back! wicked cool! :)
i just ate a big lunch at work. i speak to people in central and western canada all day long at my job. (i'm assuming ur from there coz u went to SK)

yeah..um.. u really should clean ur closet out every few months - not um.. decades. u know.. hygeine and all. hahaha. i kid. i moved around so much that i never had the chance to be a packrat kid. tho i have saved a lot of my childhood in boxes in the basement.

sea monkeys. they were cool.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger FU said...

oh yea
since you put 3 posts on my blog....

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger FU said...

here's the 3rd one :P

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Joybeth said...

I wish I could find my lite brite...oh the mems.

Nice blog by the way

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Eat2Live - Michele said...

Trolls! I wish I had some trolls still. My 1st husband made me burn them on account of "the devil was in them" But what do I know - I'm just a girl from North Myrtle Beach !

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Aud*2020 said...

YAY for Popples! I had a Popples lunch box. And Operation was my favorite game. Piqued the ol' curiosity about the human anatomy, if you know what I mean. Too bad I still can't tell you where my funny bone is located.

Oh yeah, and while I'm here, I might as well mention I was a teacher, too. God bless you--it ain't easy!!

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

hungry hungry hippos!

pointless game but it looked so so good on the tv advert.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home