i'm on the bandwagon

rachel becomes technologically literate.... well, i guess we'll see how this turns out before making any gradiose statements like that....

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Where or Where Has All the Time Gone?

A month?! I can't believe it's been a month since my last post....
Time has been severely lacking.... no, I take that back. Time has been the same as always.... I have just been cramming far more into my days than is desirable (or healthy) to do.
Directions to my day:
Step 1: Wake at 6ish.
Step 2: Teach all day.... they could be angels, they could be monstrous, you never know until you get there.... ah, the wonders of substitute teaching.
Step 3: Eat in the car while on the way to work the evening/weekend job.
Step 4: Work until 10:30ish and get home by 11/11:30ish.
Step 5: Organize for next day then sleep.
Step 6: Wake and Repeat.
Enough complaining.... I hear enough from the kids and the customers.
Christmas is fast approaching and there is much to do.... I love Christmas.... Actually, I think I love the traditions and family time more than the gift-giving.... although it'd be a close race.
I had to teach the kids about Kwanzaa today.... I think I learned just as much as they did.... maybe more. Swahili is a great langauge and Kwanzaa is such a noble celebration.... all about traditional family values.... unity, self-determination, purpose, creativity, faith.... and all that good stuff. I think that we get so wrapped up in the "magic" of Christmas -- Santa, presents, reindeer -- that we sometimes tend to gloss over the really crucial stuff -- family, love, forgiveness.... and all that good stuff.
So, Merry (early) Christmas, Happy (early) Kwanzaa, Happy (early) Hanukkah, and Happy (early) ____________. Fill in the blank, if I missed your choice of celebration. :)

Take Care,
-Rach-

P.S. Just one last complaint, if I may..... I sincerely detest the song "Little Drummer Boy". The Pa-Rum-Pum-Pum-Pum line really irritates me.

7 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Blogger BadGod said...

Is that all you got?

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Jon said...

I TOTALLY agree about Little Drummer Boy. I could go the rest of my life without hearing that horrible song again

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Jon said...

Are you coming back anytime soon?

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger lookingbusy said...

OMG you still have that same music up there?

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger patty said...

Obviously i'm really on top of my own blog since i'm just finding your comment on my post from November! Thank you for the random act of kindness to reach out to a stranger. It's interesting, sometimes i like thinking that no one really sees my thoughts out here in cyberspace but then again typing isn't really theraputic enough & you need someone to hear you. Thanks again. Whatever part of Canada you're from, i hope your NHL team is doing well. (if you care)

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger FU said...

for crying out loud..

post already!!

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger FU said...

a-hem...

????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home